Monday, March 5, 2012

10 to Win! Review Game

My elementary students love playing 10 to Win! This is a game that can be played with your students as early as the first few lessons.

1. Print out the cards onto card stock, cut between the dotted lines, and select the cards you wish to use during the lesson. For example, if you are reviewing the piano keys, choose all of the cards related to piano keys. If you are reviewing dynamics, choose the cards related to dynamics, etc. 
2. The student draws the first card from the deck, which has been shuffled and placed face down. 
3. If the student can correctly execute the what the card tells him to do, he wins the card and 1 point. 
4. He continues drawing cards until he misses an answer. 
5. Then it is your turn to draw cards until you "miss" an answer :) 
6. The first one to get 10 cards/points wins!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I would just like to say thanks! I'm using this for my students! I'm loving finding all these worksheets on your blog. Thanks so much this is going to be a great help in teaching my students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Emily! I appreciate your kind words, and I hope you have a super year!

    ReplyDelete