Friday, November 30, 2012

Joy to the World Vintage Christmas Banner Printable

The Christmas season is one of my favorite times of the year for lots of reasons, one of which is that I get to decorate my studio! This year I was inspired by banners such as this one, this one, a few others, and all those terrific ornaments made from vintage sheet music, to create my own vintage-look Joy to the World Christmas Banner.

Print pages 2 through 5 on white or beige card stock, cut out, and display them however you wish. You could punch holes in them and thread ribbon through the holes to hang them, as in the two links above, or you might even want to (as I did) tape them to the mantel (it is marble, so tape seemed to be the easiest solution for now!) Mine are hanging on my mantel near the Christmas tree, and they are the first thing I see when entering the studio. Thinking about the words of "Joy to the World" makes me so incredibly thankful, joyful, and blessed, and what better way to feel just before teaching the first lesson of the day?

"Joy to the world! the Lord is come;
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare him room,
And heaven and nature sing,
And heaven and nature sing,
And heaven, and heaven, and nature sing!"

2 comments:

Tiffany Jefferson said...

Very cute ~ I am going to print one out and hang it on the back of my piano at church (which is the side everyone sees!). Thanks for sharing!

Melody Payne said...

Thanks, Tiffany! Glad to know you can use it :) Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...