Tuesday, August 07, 2012

The Unforgettable Mrs. Coffee Breath



Once upon a time in a land far, far away, there lived a piano teacher. This was not just any piano teacher, this was a talented and successful piano teacher who taught each of her students faithfully, with diligent and careful preparation, much love, great care,

......and coffee breath. 



She taught all ages, at all times of the day, but most of her students vied for the afternoon lesson times to avoid the displeasing cloud that hung near the piano during the morning hours. 

Needing the caffeine during early morning lessons certainly is understandable; however, the downside is that her unfortunate students received the brunt of the unpleasantness that was the result of her indulging in those coffee concoctions. 

While her pupils learned much about music from her, even during those coffee-laden morning lessons, the most enduring bit of knowledge they took with them after their time with her had come to an end was the indisputable fact that they had studied piano with "The Unforgettable Mrs. Coffee Breath". 

Instead of reaching for that cup of coffee...

How about a refreshing glass of ice cold water instead?


4 comments:

ladonasmusicstudio.com said...

Great post!
A reminder to me - coffee is pretty darn tempting some days - thanks!

Melody Payne said...

Thanks, LaDona! It's (unfortunately for all of those students!) a true story.

stace said...

Wow, this is so relevant to me! While I was in high school, I distinctly remember a few occasions when my teacher stood hovering over me, pointing at my music, correcting my technique.... and I couldn't hear a word he said. All I could focus on was his disgusting coffee breath! Now, being a coffee lover myself, I have to watch myself with my own students! Instead of coffee, I'll often put on a cup of green tea before my lessons start for the evening. Much better, breath-wise. Not as effective, caffeine-wise.

Melody Payne said...

Oh Stace, I'm sorry you had to endure that! Personally, I drink only water during lessons for several reasons, including the fact that food and drinks are not allowed in my studio as well as the reasons mentioned in the post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...