*Updated 8/13/12 to include a semester version with 80 stars!
*Updated 8/15/12 to include a sign and a current standings sheet!
- To encourage my students to become better sight-readers
- To challenge my students to practice their sight-reading skills during our break
- To have my students sight-read 40 items during the next three weeks (brief version)
- To have my students sight-read 240 items during the next 16 weeks (semester version)
- Any age!
- Beginners through advanced students will benefit from this challenge
- The Great Sight-Reading Challenge sheet
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers
- Lots of appropriately-leveled sight-reading materials
- Print out The Great Sight-Reading Challenge sheet.
- Have students sight-read 3 pieces/selections/items each day for at least 5 days per week.
- For each 3 pieces they sight-read, they should color one star on the sheet.
- They are sight-reading 3 selections during their lessons this week to get a head start on the challenge!