**Updated 6/17/13 to include 16 pages per set! Click here to purchase.
Click here to download Technique is Sweet! (brief version)
Click here to download Shiver Me Technique, Matey! (brief version)
- To give young beginners a visual aid of the technical requirements they will be studying during the coming months
- To give students a visual means of keeping track of their technical progress
- To create a bit of healthy competition among the students in my studio :)
- Elementary students because the images and themes used on the pages are for younger kids
- These printable sheets
- White card stock
- Crayons or markers
- A place where you can display the sheets
- Print the cover page to use as the heading or focus of your wall or bulletin board.
- Print enough Part 1 pages of each set onto card stock to accommodate the number of beginners in your studio
- Have students write their names in the appropriate place on each page. Girls' sheets will say something like "Ally's Technique is Sweet!" Boys' sheets might say "Shiver Me Technique, Caleb!"
- Hang the Part 1 pages on your wall or bulletin board.
- As students learn the various 5-note scales, arpeggios, and broken and block chords, they are allowed to color the picture that corresponds to the letter name of the key they learned. For example, if a student learned a RH C 5-note scale, the girls would color in the piece of candy below the C, and the boys would color in the anchor below the C. Musicality is implied, of course! :)
- When everything on one page is colored in, indicating the student has learned all technical demands listed on that page, then Part 2 should be printed.
- After the student completes a page, they could be celebrated by being named "Student of the Week," or have their photo added to your website or Wall of Fame, etc.
- The pages of these technique sheets do not correspond to any particular series, exam, or other test, so they could be used by anyone. Each page contains few enough items that students should complete them fairly quickly once they begin learning 5-note scales.
- By the time students complete all 4 levels, I hope to have more levels to share!
- Janda Silly Monkey font by Kimberly Geswein at www.kimberlygeswein.com
- MTF Sweet Dings, MTF Cupcake Fonts by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com
- Pinkstripes background by the3amteacher.blogspot.com
- Cupcake sticker by Marie Stones at www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com
- Squiggle border red background by Graphics from the Pond at http://frompond.blogspot.com
- Pirate by JW Illustrations at www.jessicaweible.com