Sunday, April 01, 2012

Musical Instrument Flash Cards - Supplement for Pin the Tail on the Bunny

This weekend I decided to create some musical instrument flash cards to supplement Pin the Tail on the Bunny so that my students will be able to continue practicing identifying instruments after Easter has passed. These cards contain the same instruments as Pin the Tail on the Bunny, with a couple of additions. There are three pages of cards that include the names of the instruments on the cards, and there are three pages of the same cards that do not include the names of the instruments on the cards. I do plan to create additional sets that will contain more instruments that are not included in the current set, so if you would like to see any particular instruments on the cards, please let me know and I will do my best to include them!

Objectives:
  • To give students additional ways to review musical instruments
  • To help students learn to spell the names of musical instruments
  • To help students recognize musical instruments by their pictures
  • To review musical instrument families by organizing the cards into correct family groups
Materials:
  • White card stock
  • Printer
Ages:
  • Any age, especially elementary students
Levels:
  • Any level, especially students who have not studied musical instruments in the past
Instructions:
  • Print the cards onto white card stock 
  • Cut along the dotted lines and shuffle the cards
  • Show one card at a time to the student, and have the student name the instrument
  • Another option is to have the student draw a card from the deck and name the instrument
  • These cards could be used instead of the "bunny tails" from Pin the Tail on the Bunny to organize the instruments into their families
  • Students could take home the cards with the instrument names on them so they could learn the instruments, then they could use the unlabeled cards during their lessons to check their knowledge of the names of the instruments
  • There are many games you could play with these cards, so feel free to use your imagination and post a comment to let me know what you chose to do with them!



2 comments:

stace said...

I haven't been talking about musical instruments with any of my students lately, but I do have a basket full of music games/coloring books that I allow students & siblings to use while they're waiting for lessons to finish.... I think I'll print these, laminate them & throw them in the basket! Thanks for sharing these!

Melody Payne said...

You are more than welcome, Stace. That's such a great idea to use them in the basket! I hope your students enjoy them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...