Thursday, March 01, 2012

Why Didn't I Think of That? - Plastic Sheet Protectors & Dry Erase Markers

I absolutely love giving my students extra worksheets, handouts, etc., to test their knowledge or grasp of a concept, drill their speed, or simply to give them something "different" to work on during the week. That uses a LOT of paper and printer ink! One week I sent a sheet home with a student and I put it in a plastic sheet protector and asked her not to write on it, but just to use it as a visual drill (I was trying to save a few cents on paper and ink!). She came back the next week and said she had done what I had said, but she had also used dry erase markers to complete the worksheet, and then used an eraser to erase her answers and complete the worksheet over again every day! What a terrific idea! Now all my students are required to purchase dry erase markers when they begin piano lessons, and I place all of my worksheets in plastic sheet protectors. This helps me save money, allows my students to complete the worksheets more than once during the week, and my youngest students have a blast writing on the plastic with a "marker".

Using plastic sheet protectors to protect the worksheets BEFORE completing them...
Why didn't I think of that? :)

2 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. And I have just discovered your blog and am excited to read more!

Melody Payne said...

Thanks so much, Jenny! Your blog has been very inspiring to me, and I appreciate all the wonderful information you have posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...