Monday, March 19, 2012

Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt - Middle C Position Notes

This may or may not be the last Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt that I post ;)

This one is a bit different from the others. The first page contains the clues that are to be cut out and placed inside the plastic eggs, and the second page is a worksheet that includes multiple examples of all of the notes of Middle C Position, notated on a grand staff. 

When the student finds an egg and opens it to reveal a specific note of Middle C Position (spelled out in words, such as "bass clef A"), he identifies all of the bass clef A's on the sheet by writing "A" near each one. The student continues searching for eggs and identifying notes until the entire sheet is complete, or until you run out of time :) The sheet is placed in a plastic sheet protector so the student can write on it with dry erase markers. You simply erase it and use it again with another student.  


6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Hi Melody! And welcome to the blogging world! I've enjoyed reading through your site. You have a lot of great printables and wonderful ideas! I've added your site to my blogroll-Notable Music Studio - so hopefully that will help you get some more traffic!

Melody Payne said...

Thank you so much, Sheryl! I have really enjoyed your blog as well, and I do appreciate that you added The Plucky Pianista to your blogroll! Traffic is definitely picking up, so thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melody! I stumbled on your blog and am really impressed- so nice to see your amazing creativity from afar! I miss our old LSU days. I did a ped lecture this morning and included your site in my "online resources" for theory and ear training, hope that's ok! So many good ideas here! Looking forward to trying some out with my little students!
Heather (Hillier)

Melody Payne said...

Hi Heather! Great to hear from you! Thanks so much for your sweet compliments. They mean a lot to me, especially as a "beginner" blogger :) I miss our LSU days too... I will never forget your story about how hot it was the first time you got off the plane in Louisiana. Glad you survived, and glad you decided to stay! I'm so honored that you used my site as an online resource for your ped lecture! Let me know how things work for your little ones. I always like feedback! :)

Becky Baker said...

Hi Melody! I love these games you've created! I've printed them all out!

Melody Payne said...

Yay! I'm super happy to know you printed them all! :) My little girls love the Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt better than most games I've tried with them in the last several weeks. Hope your students love it as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...